We’ve had a flurry of scheduling news lately, and we now know some game times of contests that were already on the schedule. Here’s the update from Ohio State.
Ohio State Football Releases Game Times For Several Contests
The landscape of Ohio State’s football schedule continues to round into form. There have now been five more game times released and set in stone for 2018 matchups this fall.
Per the following Ohio State release, the following has now been hammered out, including the traditional Noon Eastern start time for the Michigan game:
Start Times & TV Networks Set for Five Games
Season opener vs. Oregon State and finale vs. Michigan set for noon kickoffs
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Big Ten Conference, along with the Big Ten Network, FOX and ESPN, has released start times and television carriers for the first three weeks of the Big Ten season and also for some additional select games this year. Times and TV network for five Ohio State games were featured in the release and include the following:
- Sept. 1 vs. Oregon State: the season and home opener will be a noon start and televised on ABC;
- Sept. 8 vs. Rutgers: the Big Ten opener at Ohio Stadium will be carried on the Big Ten Network with kickoff set for 3:30 p.m.;
- Sept. 15 vs. TCU at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas: this game was previously announced as an 8 p.m. with ABC televising;
- Oct. 6 vs. Indiana: Homecoming at Ohio State will feature a 3:30 or 4 p.m. kick with the television network to be announced at a later date; and
- Nov. 24 vs. Michigan: FOX will televise for the second consecutive season this greatest of all rivalries. Kickoff is set for the traditional time of noon for this contest.
Some primetime games may still be announced leading up to the season but, otherwise, additional game start times and television network carriers will be announced during the season with the 12-day or 6-day window protocol. Primetime games will be announced at least 12 days in advance in-season.
2018 Ohio State Schedule
Sept. 1 – Oregon State – Noon on ABC (Scarlet & Gray Game)
Sept. 8 – Rutgers – 3:30 p.m. on BTN (Hall of Fame Day)
Sept. 15 – vs. TCU* – 8 p.m. on ABC
Sept. 22 – Tulane (Alumni Band and Faculty/Staff Appreciation Game)
Sept. 29 – at Penn State
Oct. 6 – Indiana – 3:30 or 4 p.m. with TV TBA (Homecoming)
Oct. 13 – Minnesota (Buckeye Club)
Oct. 20 – at Purdue
Oct. 27 – Off
Nov. 3 – Nebraska (Military Appreciation Day)
Nov. 10 – at Michigan State
Nov. 17 – at Maryland
Nov. 24 – Michigan – Noon on FOX (Senior Day)
Dec. 1 – Big Ten Championship Game
*AT&T Stadium; Arlington