Every Tuesday, the Big Ten coaches take turns discussing their respective programs. Urban Meyer got a chance to discuss the program and preview Penn State. Listen to its entirety courtesy of 105.7 The Zone in Columbus
As he does every Tuesday, Urban Meyer jumped on the weekly Big Ten Coaches’ Teleconference to discuss the program and preview the Penn State matchup. You can listen to its entirety at the above Tweet Link from 105.7 The Zone, but here are some of the highlights:
- Meyer praised the competitive spirit of Penn State quarterback Trace McSorley and says that’s what makes them go.
- Urban has a lot of respect for running back Miles Sanders as he’s taken the reigns from Saquon Barkley without skipping a beat.
- Tuf Borland was on a “pitch count” early on, but is now full go and doing well.
- Meyer lamented the defense’s penchant for giving up big plays but likes their attitude.
- He was asked about the playoff committee and how he keeps his team focused on the game at hand with all that out there. He said it’s no issue because they are getting ready to face a really good team.